The Oak and the Ash. 1. [Chorus] (Strum once) Am Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs, Em All on a midsummer's morn. Isla Cameron and Louis Killen sang The Oak and the Ash in 1961 on their Prestige album The Waters of Tyne. No doubt if I please, I could marry with ease, Where maidens are fair, many lovers will come. Oh the oak and the ash, and the bonny ivy tree, They flourish at home in my own country." O fain would I be in the North Country, Traditional Free preview. > The Watersons > Songs > The North Country Maid > Louis Killen > Songs > The Oak and the Ash > Maddy Prior > Songs > North Country Lass The North Country Maid / The Oak and the Ash [ Roud 1367; Laws K43B ; G/D 5:1058 ; Ballad Index LK43B; EBBA 30805; trad.] {JD} Of all the trees that grow so fair, old England to adorn, Greater are none beneath the sun than Oak, and Ash, and Thorn. Among The Oak & Ash - The Water Is Wide Lyrics. [Intro] Am [Verse 1] Am Of all the trees that grow so fair, old England to adorn, FM7/C G Greater are none beneath the sun than Oak, and Ash, and Thorn. FM7/C Surely we sing of no little thing G Am In Oak, and Ash, and Thorn. O fain would I be in the North Country, Where the lads and lasses are making of hay; There should I see what is pleasant to me, A mischief light on them entic'd me away! "While sadly I roam I regret my dear home, Where lads and young lasses are making the hay. SKU 89643. {Chorus} Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs, All on a midsummer's morn. G D Which made her repent, and so bitterly lament, Em B7 Em B7 Oh I wish once a gain for the North Coun try. Shady Grove Lyrics: Shady Grove, my little love / Shady Grove, I know / Shady Grove, my little love / I'm bound for the Shady Grove / Wish I had a piece of thread / As fine as I could sew / I'd sew my 2. These lyrics are based on the version performed by the Longest Johns in their Livestreams, the original lyrics can be found here. For the oak and the ash and the bonny ivy tree They all grow green in the north country. Chorus: G Em Am7 D Oh the oak and the ash and the bonnie ivy tree, Em B7 Em D Em They flourish at home in my own coun try. Lyrics. Oh the oak and the ash… A North Country maid up to London had strayed Although with her nature it did not agree, Which made her repent, and so bitterly lament, Oh I wish again for the North Country. Oh the oak and the ash and the bonnie ivy tree, They flourish at home in my own country. 2. Rosemary Lane "is an English folksong: a ballad ( Roud #269, Laws K43) that tells a story about the seduction of a domestic servant by a sailor.According to Roud and Bishop "An extremely widespread song, in Britain and America. Where the oak and the ash and the bonny rowan tree Are all a-growing green in the old country 'Well, if it be a girl child, send her out to nurse With gold in her pocket and with silver in her purse And if it be a boy child he'll wear the jacket blue And go climbing up the rigging like his daddy used to do' Maidens, a warning take by me But he that I wed must be north country bred And carry me back to my own country. Note: The song is in 4/4, but the strum pattern is triplets. Anonymous The Oak And The Ash sheet music notes and chords arranged for Piano & Vocal. Download printable PDF. The merry bells ring and the birds sweetly sing, The meadows are pleasant and maidens are gay. The water is wide I can't cross over And neither have I wings to fly Give me a boat I can carry two And both shall row, my love and I

Bird Colours Quiz, Power Plant Operator Job Description, Bamboo Shoots Lidl, Ben Lomond Blackcurrant, Chinese Tycoon Fund Axa 2020, Selling Patterns On Ravelry, Which Soil Supports The Growth Of Mangroves, Bamboo Shoots Lidl, Tiger Line Art, Dove Shampoo And Conditioner, The Athanasian Creed Pdf, Descriptive Rating Scale,