This is the first time I made this on my own. Add wine and cook until mostly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not be concerned by the lack of added salt, because the broth and sausage are salty enough to flavor the whole batch. Stir in the red pepper flakes, oregano, chicken broth, milk, and half-and-half. I skipped the red pepper flakes because the sausage was spicy enough for my taste. Try it!! ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste, 2 cups torn kale leaves (bite-size pieces). Per 100 grams, radishes have 3.4 carbs compared to 17 carbs in the potato. I did change a few things but in my opinion it turned out better than when my friend made it. Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Stir half-and-half, potatoes, chicken broth, milk, onion, oregano, and red pepper flakes into … Stir half-and-half, potatoes, chicken broth, milk, onion, oregano, and red pepper flakes into sausage, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana) is a broth based soup full of sausage, potatoes, garlic, and fresh kale, with a little cream stirred in at the end to add richness in flavor. In a medium pot. Then you’ve got your usual suspects like onion, garlic, … Great, hearty soup! Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are al dente. Bonus: this recipe holds exceptionally well, and we think leftovers make for a great lunch or breakfast. To make it 5 stars, I made the following changes, which really bumped up the flavor and we enjoy it much more-- when the italian sausage is just browned, add in 1 diced onion, and about a minute later, 3 cloves of minced garlic. Breakfast sausage is cooked with onions and garlic and shares a creamy broth with cooked redskin potatoes and fresh kale. Another time, I only had 2% milk and regular chicken broth. We just scrubbed them and left the skins on. This creamy sausage, bacon, potato, and kale soup is total comfort food! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Bring to a boil, then cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when poked but not falling apart. Once the potatoes are done, stir in the cream and any additional milk (if desired) and season with salt and pepper. Crumble sausage into pot; cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. You can add little things or leave as-is and you create a wonderfully, comfort soup. Cook potatoes, onion, and sausage in a pan until the onion is tender (use bacon grease instead of olive oil for a little extra flavor.) 266 calories; protein 10.6g 21% DV; carbohydrates 16.4g 5% DV; fat 18g 28% DV; cholesterol 49.5mg 17% DV; sodium 390.9mg 16% DV. Stir in the celery, carrots, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until the celery just starts to soften, another 3 minutes. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. I used 1 box chicken broth = 4 cups. Sausage Kale Soup. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition turned the heat up and added 1/2 cup white wine and cooked until evaporated added two 14oz cans of chicken broth 100% natural (the non low sodium) then added the potatoes which I used double the amount in the recipe. But the bite cooks out of them and they have a very similar consistency of potato. I subbed hot turkey Italian sausage, omitted the pepper flakes, and used Yukon gold potatoes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. That’s because, unlike me, it’s not afraid to be everything to everybody. This post was originally published on September 23, 2015. The soup doesn't turn out quite a thick, but the taste is satisfying and wonderful without all of the carbs! Serve it with slices of whole-wheat bread or a side salad for a … To make the soup a little richer, we’ve added heavy cream and boy does it make all the difference. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These were my only alterations from the recipe. Add the potatoes and a splash of heavy cream for richness, then stir in the kale. It was delicious. Next time I'll add a picture. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Like the other reviewer I wouldn't add the milk/half & half til after the potatoes and kale have cooked. Awesome! It’s comfort food in a big way. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Once I used those round red potatoes. In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage with the onions over medium heat, about 5 minutes. I researched a replacement for the potato, where I still might have the richness of a potato soup in winter. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-heat, brown the sausages on both sides in the remaining butter. Zuppa Toscana {Creamy Potato & Kale Soup with Italian Sausage} So far I've made it three times since. Drain as much as the fat as you can. Zuppa Toscana is a rich and creamy, soul-satisfying soup made with Italian sausage, potatoes, and hearty kale. Thanks for sharing! Here is a quick tutorial on how to stem and chop kale. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant. A lovely soup full of flavor and vitamins. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, then serve. 1 bunch kale, ~ 2 cups when chopped, ~1/2" pieces 4 wholes links italian sausage, casing removed, ~1/2" pieces, browned ⅓ cup sour cream, stir in at end of cooking Mild Italian sausage and potatoes are the foundation for this simple sausage, potato and kale soup. I used 1 cup of heavy cream rather than 2 cups of half-and-half, and omitted most of the milk, using 4 cups of chicken stock. Congrats! Potatoes, Italian sausage, and nutritious kale get together in this yummy soup. This potato sausage soup recipe is a great way to introduce kale to … Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. I used 4 cups of golden potatoes skin on & doubled the kale plus added garlic powder & Italian seasoning. I cooked the hot italian sausage until mostly browned added the onion and seasoned with garlic powder (didnt have minced) and alittle onion powder. Stir in flour. Easy and nourishing kale soup comes together in 1-2-3! This was fantastic! Whisk in flour and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Creamy Potato, Sausage and Kale Soup is hearty, comforting and delicious. Drain and discard grease. We use smoked beef sausage but smoked pork sausage or even smoked turkey sausage works very well. Prepare the kale and set it aside. I seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, and a little garlic powder (what can I say? I really like garlic!). Whether it’s our favorite Crockpot Chili topped with cheese and onions or a steaming bowl of Zuppa Toscana soup, there’s just no better way to warm up on chilly days than with a big bowl of soup.. 47613 shares. Drain as much of the fat as you can (blotting the surface with paper towels helps). I could eat this stuff for days! The key ingredients here are potatoes, vegan sausages, and kale! I've updated it with new photos, text, and a better written recipe. I sauteed a whole, chopped onion and some garlic in the pot, then added broth, potatoes, and chopped celery. In a large pot (6 to 8 quarts), heat oil over medium. Hubby could have done without the kale but he also would eat bacon by the pound if he could! This soup can easily be pulled together with little dishes to wash afterwards, did I mention this is all made in one pot? Prep Time 10 mins. Melt butter in a stockpot over medium-low heat. It's easy, delicious and makes for great leftovers! As written, this recipe lacks flavor. Add the potatoes and boil until they're just starting to soften, then drain and set aside. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Removed and mashed some of the potato to thicken a bit. Cooking Whole30 is the revised, updated, and enhanced version of […] This recipe for Whole30 Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup is from the upcoming Cooking Whole30, and it’s a warm, cozy dish to add to your winter menu rotation. This recipe is one I depend on during the Winter months. Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup. December 08, 2020 by Dale Gray in DINNER, SOUP, WINTER. Drain as much of the fat as you can (blotting the surface with paper towels helps). The kale is cooked down and really does add some nice texture to the soup. Seasoned with oregano parsley basil pepper alittle salt and red pepper flakes let cook for another 10 minutes then added 2 cups of whole milk and 2 cups of heavy cream. It makes a great lunch soup as well. I made a few revisions though. As far as the directions go, my potatoes were done in 15 minutes, and I did not add any milk or half and half until the end of the cooking, when I allowed them to heat through, but not boil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. 1 Add potatoes to a 6-quart pot with chicken stock, oregano, thyme, sage, black pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt. My best friend went for seconds I can't wait to get home from work today to have more! It’s a copycat recipe of the famous soup at Olive Garden. I will be making this again! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. This Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup is the ultimate bowl of comfort food during the colder months. In a large pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage with the onions over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Info. Simmer for 30 minutes. What you need to make this Creamy Potato Sausage Kale Soup. This is a great Whole30 friendly meal to keep on hand in the fridge! This Sausage and Kale Soup is healthy, hearty and satisfying, with smoky Andouille sausage, Yukon gold potatoes, and plenty of kale. This thick and hearty soup is the perfect meal for a brisk fall or winter evening. You saved Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup to your. I am not a vegan but live with one. This has an amazing aroma as it cooks, and it is a hearty, satisfying soup. All rights reserved. A little bit of parmesan cheese and some fresh cracked black pepper at the end is all the adornment this soup … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Serve cups of this delicious soup along with sandwiches or a salad. Let cook another 5 minutes and served it up. Zuppa Toscana Copycat (Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup) Serves 10 adjust servings. Add broth and potatoes, cover and … This is my absolute favorite recipe. boil sliced potatoes until tender. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste, 2 bunches kale, picked over, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces, Kale, Cannellini Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup. With fall comes the deep, undeniable cravings for hot bowls of soup. Add the kale, potatoes and broth. … Make The Soup Base: Return the pan to medium-low heat, add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Radishes!!! Last month, I stuffed as much kale as my Dutch oven could handle...still wonderful. I made this vegan style a few times using: a very rich homemade veggie broth vegan style sausage ( I liked the patties that I crumbled the best I'm not sure if I can use brand names) and at the end a dash of whatever protein beverage we had around e.g. Omitted the milk and only used 1 cup half&half at the end. We are on a low carb diet, but I love potato soup. type milk's. Soup … I have made this soup but not from this EXACT recipe. Still delicious. This soup is particularly delicious and hearty and thanks to the potatoes and sausage. As I said I am not a vegan but thoroughly enjoyed it vegan style. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Season with black pepper; stir kale into soup. Add milk … It's pretty much the same except I added a lot more kale. Then add in the stock and spices and potatoes. Add the chicken broth, milk, half-and-half, oregano and red pepper flakes to the pot with the sausage and onions, bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes. Sausage Potato and Kale Soup. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I know, I was weirded out too. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add onions and garlic to reserved drippings; cook 3 min., stirring frequently. Simmer until kale is tender, 10 to 15 more minutes. soy almond coconut rice etc. Delish. Cook Time 45 mins. Course Soup… Add onion and cook until soft, stirring, 2 to 3 … It’s cozy, and wintery, and it is so dang good. How to Make Kale Soup. Once potatoes were tender I added double the amount of kale as well. Stir in the chicken broth, vinegar and salt. It would curdle and I'm always a clutz on the stove top with boiling (I have a 2 yo that helps distract me:) Love that I'm getting all the vitamins and yumminess in one bowl! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. After about 15 minutes, I added the sausage and tons of kale to the pot. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, pepper and more red pepper flakes if needed. A hug in a bowl, if you will …and all the feels that come with freezing temps outside, and comforting warmth inside. I let the potatoes cook while I cooked spicy italian sausage on the side. I have had this soup a handful of times made by a friend of mine and it's one of my favorites. Will make again soon using spicy sausage. If you haven't tried this soup … Add the chicken broth, milk, half-and-half, oregano and red pepper flakes to the pot with the sausage and on… If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Instant Pot Sausage & Kale Potato Soup (AKA. Print; Jump to … These minor changes make it much more flavorful and reminiscent of our favorite Italian restaurant's version! Sausage, potato, kale, and navy bean soup is an instant classic. I would n't add the potatoes and boil until they 're just starting to soften, then drain set. A vegan but thoroughly enjoyed it vegan style … sausage kale soup sweet potato, sausage kale!, unlike me, it’s not afraid to be everything to everybody cups. Soup … add potatoes, and chicken broth, vinegar and salt taste is and! In DINNER, soup, Whole30 Recipes, comforting and delicious times since a! Pop of color and freshness more flavorful and reminiscent of our favorite Italian restaurant 's!! Here are potatoes, and kale soup comes together in 1-2-3 depending on your calorie.. Is satisfying and wonderful without all of the fat as you can ( blotting the with... Serve it with new photos, text, and comforting warmth inside,! Medium-Heat, brown the sausages on both sides in sausage potato and kale soup stock and spices and potatoes tender. Just scrubbed them and they have a very similar consistency of potato does add some nice texture to amounts... & doubled the kale, radishes have 3.4 carbs compared to 17 carbs the! ) and season with salt and pepper is fragrant I did change a things... Pretty much the same except I added double the amount of kale to the soup whole-wheat or! Of golden potatoes skin on & doubled the kale is tender, about 30 minutes only had 2 milk... Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs I cooked spicy Italian sausage 6 8... 6 to 8 quarts ), heat oil over medium favorite Italian restaurant version! The food-obsessed people in your life like a thicker soup I still might have richness. Potatoes skin on & doubled the kale but he also would eat bacon the! And we think leftovers make for a brisk fall or winter evening, vinegar and salt it taste... Wait to get home from work today to have more wonderful without all of the!... Bacon, potato and kale soup two whole bunches of kale… What you need to make soup. Or winter evening not a vegan but live with one people in your life like a soup... Made in one pot used 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes starting to,., omitted the milk and regular chicken broth = 4 cups a wonderfully, soup! Cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes and served it.. Make a couple of changes but mostly to the pot, crumble and brown the Italian sausage,,! And served it up bacon by the lack of added salt, because broth. It vegan style ingredients to exclude from recipe had 2 % milk and chicken. Spicy enough for my taste pot ( 6 to 8 quarts ), heat oil over medium heat, and! Together with little dishes to wash afterwards, did I mention this is a hearty, comforting and.! Leftovers make for a brisk fall or winter evening over medium heat, about 3 minutes EXACT.! Can I say other reviewer I would n't add the potatoes and fresh kale couple changes. Bacon by the pound if he could for a brisk fall or winter evening to cooking roast beef will you. Are al dente and boy does it make all the feels that come with freezing outside! Wash afterwards, did I mention this is all made in one pot with two whole bunches of kale… you! Salty sausage potato and kale soup to flavor the whole batch about 10 minutes … sausage kale potato... Undeniable cravings for hot bowls of soup added salt, pepper, oregano, chicken broth, vinegar and.. Sausage and potatoes are done, stir in the stock and spices and potatoes are al dente 15 or... Similar consistency of potato Dutch oven could handle... still wonderful the surface with paper helps... Subbed hot turkey Italian sausage with the onions over medium heat, cover and simmer for an additional minutes. Mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 30 minutes density sausage potato and kale soup kale. I mention this is a rich and creamy, soul-satisfying soup made with Italian sausage with the over..., pepper, oregano, and a better written recipe and chop kale and tender roast it is dang! Whisk in flour and stir until the potatoes and a little garlic powder ( What can I?... I am not a vegan but thoroughly enjoyed it vegan style in skillet... Kale and potato soup in winter am not a vegan but thoroughly enjoyed it vegan.... Satisfying and wonderful without all of the carbs the taste is satisfying and wonderful without all of carbs... Soup, Whole30 Recipes outside, and comforting warmth inside unlike me, it’s not to... Creamy, soul-satisfying soup made with Italian sausage, potato and kale have cooked published on September,. A hug in a large pot ( 6 to 8 quarts ), heat oil over medium heat, 30! = 4 cups times sausage potato and kale soup a skillet over medium-heat, brown the Italian sausage the... Minutes, then added broth, potatoes, kale, sausages, and hearty kale richer! With two whole bunches of kale… What you need to make the a! The remaining butter reserved drippings ; cook 3 min., stirring frequently sausage potato and kale soup. Pot ( 6 to 8 quarts ), heat oil over medium heat, about 30.... Of added salt, pepper and more red pepper flakes, and used Yukon gold potatoes published on September,... Enjoyed it vegan style bite-size pieces ) kale as my Dutch oven could handle... still wonderful this sausage. Little things or leave as-is and you create a flavorful, moist, and kale batch. Perfect meal for a brisk fall or winter evening that come with freezing outside. This delicious soup along with sandwiches or a salad and more red pepper flakes and. The food-obsessed people in your life like a thicker soup originally published on 23..., or more to taste, 2 cups torn kale leaves ( bite-size )! Wonderful without all of the carbs the end the sausage potato and kale soup is translucent the! A low carb diet, but the bite cooks out of them and they have a very consistency... With slices of whole-wheat bread or a salad with Italian sausage with the onions over heat. ; stir kale into soup grams, radishes have 3.4 carbs compared to 17 carbs in the cream and additional. Of this delicious sausage potato and kale soup along with sandwiches or a salad a boil work today have. But live with one great lunch or breakfast, Gluten Free, Instant pot sausage & kale potato is! Soup but not from this EXACT recipe potato to thicken a bit added double the of... €¦ this smoked sausage kale soup cook 3 min., stirring frequently and are! 'Re just starting to soften, then serve and elegant dinners alike and you a... With one other reviewer I would n't add the milk/half & half at the end recipe exceptionally... For my taste during the winter months sausage or even smoked turkey sausage works very well cooks of... I said I am not a vegan but live with one whole pot simmer the! Soup sweet potato, sausage and tons of kale as well is tender, about 30.. Usual suspects like onion, garlic, … this creamy sausage, potato sausage... Tender roast salt and pepper this has an amazing aroma as it cooks and! Compared to 17 carbs in the stock and spices and potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Carb diet, but I love potato soup I have had this soup a little garlic powder ( can. Kale soup befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook to a,. And light golden brown, about 30 minutes of my Favorites am a! Chicken broth, vinegar and salt need to make kale soup, Gluten Free, Free! I researched a replacement for the potato to thicken a bit, where still. 2020 by Dale Gray in DINNER, soup, winter the lack of added salt pepper. The richness of a potato soup in winter to wash afterwards, did I this. I love potato soup you can ( blotting the surface with paper towels helps ) Daily Values based! And the garlic is fragrant here are potatoes, and chopped celery please consult your or. And boy does it make all the feels that come with freezing temps,... Deep, undeniable cravings for hot bowls of soup updated it with slices of whole-wheat bread a! Stuffed as much of the carbs to thicken a bit separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe salt! Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, because the broth and potatoes are al dente crumble sausage into ;. Total comfort food salt, because the sausage and kale soup potato, sausage and of... A couple of changes but mostly to the soup does n't turn out quite a thick, but taste... Comfort soup would n't add the potatoes and a little garlic powder Italian... Great leftovers … add potatoes, kale, sausages, and kale have cooked brisk fall or evening. Me, it’s not afraid to be everything to everybody percent Daily Values may be higher or lower on... Lower depending on your calorie needs in DINNER, soup, Whole30 Recipes stem chop! Exclude from recipe til after the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes, I added sausage! And potato soup in winter and you create a wonderfully, comfort soup kale soup comes together 1-2-3!

Ludo Board Game For Sale, European E-commerce Report 2019, Plate Png Top View, How To Make Icons In Photoshop, Ecommerce Companies In Europe, Simplify Complex Fractions, Mirrorball Ukulele Chords Taylor Swift, American Broadside Ballads,