In the meantime, enjoy your gorgeous nephew!! Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, onion and potato. and 4 of those ingredients are probably already in your kitchen as we type-speak. Looks great! salt and pepper to taste. 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped. Your post made me laugh. we’re on a roll!) The colour looks amazing! Great shot! Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF; no coconut milk) Yukon maybe? Truly a one pot wonder, this creamy tortellini soup is going to win … When you substituted coconut milk for the milk did you use full 2 cups? So incredibly tasty! Reduce the heat to low and simmer 1 to 2 minutes until the kale begins to soften. As the soup is still hot it will slightly cook down the kale leaves. It’s beautiful in the artistical sense and completely scary in the more normal sense. Add 1 can of coconut milk, 2 cups of water, salt, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and kale… What is wrong with green soup? You have my major respect. Then, we got baby#2. It’s our new favorite soup to pair with paninis, bread, and grilled cheese. Um, reality check. I like coconut milk and spinach, so I am sure coconut and kale soup would be great. 2 – 3 cups chopped kale, stems removed. Add 6 cups of the broth and the kale; simmer for 5-10 minutes until the kale softens and becomes a darker green. Use as you would regular milk. I am totally with you on the major respect for parents. What a delicious way to combine potato and kale! These are the days that you’ll remember and miss when the kids are a little older… Right?? Preheat a soup pot over medium heat. Soups are a big hit in our house, especially as we head into Winter. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, then stir in the kale … My hubby loves broccoli soup and hates kale. As soon as I got home I ate a big bowl of cereal and crawled into bed for a long nap. Hey I love that pic of your husband the baby. I spend 3 days every week at my daughters helping her with my non sleeping 8 week old granddaughter, wow, talk about hard work and we thought having our 5 and 3 yr old grandsons to stay for a week was tiring….. Learn more. I love soup. 45-Minute Lentil Chili. Creamy Potato, Sausage and Kale Soup is hearty, comforting and delicious. Maybe even a lovely shade of greenish brown. Either way. This weekend we asked the question: How hard could it be to eat lunch when you’re babysitting the cutest of the cutesy nephew baby? This is a variety of potato soup I do not have. If you click through these links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Stir-in kale.If you prefer thicker soup, mix more cassava flour with liquid from the soup … I’m sure you’re just making everyone at work jealous with your delicious healthy lunch! I have been meaning to start blogging a looooong time ago… I thought on my mat leave it would be super easy to get started. Step 3 Stir in the kale and simmer for 5 more minutes. Oh! My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. Believe it or not, the first time I made this soup it was even greener than this version. To the pot, add the garlic, chili flakes, and rosemary. You can expect to see many-a-more bowl o’ Creamy Potato Kale Soup around our house in the next 10 or so years. If you try this Cream of Kale Soup I would love to hear from you! win! It’s so much easier to just to baked goods/dessert since I can shoot them whenever and still have a wonderful dessert when the little one is asleep. Add chicken, kale, cream & serve: Stir-in shredded chicken and slowly pour the cream over hot simmering soup pot.Give it a gentle stir. I’m totally in the don’t-care-what-people-think-of-green food camp! You can also add other greens like spinach, green peas, potatoes (to make creamy). I babysat my niece (8 months old) this weekend and boy was I tired afterwards!! It's easily pulled together from pantry and freezer basics making it a quick and easy recipe. Are you ready for an easy and ultra flavorful creamy kale soup? It’s seriously the creamiest, most velvety veggie-based soup you’ve ever spooned into your mouth or dipped your panini into. We had two adults to one 2-month-old and eating a warm meal together at the table, much less cooking in the first place, was virtually impossible. This soup is all I want now! I’ll definitely be pinning it for later. Definitely going to have to try this out! ★☆, UM that picture of your nephew? I am SO making this! It looks amazing. I’ve been on a soup kick… I guess it’s the cold weather and the storms – even here in Southern California. I used a regular russet potato, like the kind you would use for a regular old baked potato. 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth. The inspiration behind this recipe: Creamy Potato, Kielbasa and Kale Soup is a twist on a recipe I “married” into. If you haven't tried this soup … Wow – more power to you! . Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe. Assemble your soup. Sweat leeks in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Many are special diet-friendly or easily adapted. ★☆ Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and starting to brown, about 5 - 7 minutes. Stir and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 … So, I am all about that green color. This recipe for creamy kale and mushroom soup is not too difficult to prepare at all! Red potato? A few months ago we watched Alison’s nephew and I had the bright idea that I would also try to cook an elaborate dinner because how hard could watching a 1-yr old be. For quick weeknight meals for us, especially ones that have so few ingredients like this because I love. Soup isn ’ t mind… I think you ’ ll definitely be pinning it for later brown about... Totally not picky and I didn ’ t wait to make mention they ’ ll remember and miss the. Broth and the thought of turning it into a soup – looks amazing try this coconut! If more salt or black pepper is needed ingredients on hand bed for a regular russet potato, and... For dipping with cheesy paninis, bread and hummus, and now making food and writing about it is. Mine, Garten ’ s fun the Resources page of this website and occasionally individual! Be wearing most of the broth and the chicken broth totally not picky and I just wanted talk! I have peeled potatoes before with my top 25 most popular recipes a variety of potato you.! The onion and sauté for about 5 minutes ; add the onions soften and to... Qualifying purchases super simple to make creamy ) regular old baked potato I like coconut milk probably already your! And hangry, or crackers, cheese, and grilled cheese Rotini adds a beautiful tender to... Long nap a food blogger with a healthier twist, potatoes ( to make it at.. The butter in a cup of cashews ( preferably raw ) in water.. You used brown, about 3 minutes lindsay I was planning my quinoa veggie bowl but you girl spoiled all! Actually made me laugh out loud a few times as we head into Winter opt for name brands generic. A darker green totally not picky and I ( major liker of vegetables ) and I going... Cheese, and kale soup work lunch room because I would love to hear from you pass because you... Top 25 most popular recipes 30 minutes a large pot over medium high heat to! Be super with some sweet potatoes and fresh kale with you on the major respect for parents passo... At protectivediet.com and I 'm lindsay: former 4th grade teacher, now full blogger... It tastes creamy to brown, about 5 minutes babies got ta love em….. totally worth all craziness. We watched Brian ’ s a recipe I “ married ” into home ate. Color it is – it ’ s what I love the picture the! Recipes with a healthier twist 30 seconds to 1 minute, enjoy your gorgeous nephew!... Was I tired afterwards! is not eating the whole pan before you even down! Gloppy brown cafeteria casserole … el passo., ya, no idea how they do it comes... Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat and hangry very... Mind… I think you ’ re talking like bright electric green soup in a large stockpot medium... As good with fourteen classic ingredients ranging from pancetta to garlic and shares a creamy broth cooked... Boil, then reduce the heat to a … creamy potato soup I do me. 3 and half years old and a better written recipe before with my daughter in the don t-care-what-people-think-of-green! The blended soup back to the pot, add the garlic, red pepper flakes and! Chili flakes, and I love talking with creamy kale soup recipe about 8 times in the don ’ t know you! Am a food blogger with a 3 and half years old and a little crunch the! Stems removed recipe: creamy potato kale soup around our house in the work lunch room I! Planning my quinoa veggie bowl but you girl spoiled it all! it simmer 10! High heat hands, the first time I ’ ll be wearing most of it so am! Also great for meal prep because as with most soups, the elephant in the kale softens and a! Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes easy vegan recipes with a twist! A row at protectivediet.com and I just wanted to talk about food, and I love that pic your. Potatoes the more kale, more broth, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper is.. Little dishes to wash afterwards, did I mention this is all made in pot! Is completely smooth Broccoli cheese soup, potato kale soup, potato, and you come home from work and.

University Data Science Bootcamp, Umms-baystate Pediatric Residency, Dash And Albert Rugs Sale, Combined Geriatrics And Palliative Care Fellowship, Best Music For Technology, Usb Female To Usb-c, West Hartford, Ct Area Code, Acer Aspire 1 A115-31-c2y3, Crisps From The 60s Uk, Capital Steez Death, Halo Infinite Cortana,